We bring you to Alaska s Tongass Forest, where the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act turned tribes into corporations and sparked a lengthy logging frenzy.
In this radio adaptation of the documentary film, Walking in Two Worlds, we meet a Tlingit brother and sister, who are trying to heal both the forest and their native community.
Special thanks to Specialty Studios.
- Wanda Culp & Bob Loescher, Tlinget brother & Sister
- Peter Coyote, narrator
- Mike Jackson, Tlingit tribal historian
- Ernestine Hanlon-Abel, Weaver & Activist
- Byron Mallott, Former Seaalaska CEO
- Israel Shotridge, Tlingit carver
- Tom Thorton, anthropologist
- Lydia George, Tlingit Clan Mother
- Joe Sebastian, Alaska Fisherman & guide
- Deny Bschor, former US Forest Service Regional Forester
- John Rowan, Tlingit carver
- Richard Nixon, President of the United States
- Rick Harris, Former Seaalaska Executive VP
- Rosita Worl, Seaalaska Board member
Direct download: MakingCon_150527_Pod.mp3
-- posted at: 10:27pm PDT