What do our voices say about us? On this edition we explore voice and identity.
We'll hear from someone who nearly lost their voice, the challenges that come with ordering a pizza with a speech generating device, and and how voice contributes to trans women's sense of safety and of self.
- Mya Byrne, singer-songwriter
- Kathe Perez, creator of EVA app
- Samuel Sennott, assistant professor of special education at Portland University
- Bob Segalman, author “Against the Current, My Life with Cerebral Palsy”
- April Bryant, UC Berkeley student
- Hannah Simpson, Nika Jewell, Tela Love, 13th Philadelphia Transgender Health Conference, attendees.
This show features Lateef McLeod, our 1st Community Storytelling Fellow. Donate now to help this year’s class of fellows tell their stories.