Since the 2013 Supreme Court ruling on the Voting Rights Act, many states have pushed changes to voter laws that raise disturbing connections to the past. Before the anniversary of the Voting Rights Act on August 6th, we revisit the hard fought battles for voting rights and the implications of new laws.
- Reverend Tyrone Edwards, civil rights historian in Plaquemines Parish Louisiana
- Tyrone Brooks, Georgia State Representative
- Clifford Kuhn, Professor of History at Georgia State University
- JT Johnson, civil rights organizer
- Allen Secher, rabbi
- Jerel James, Tamia Adkinson, docents at Civil Rights Museum of St. Augustine
- August Tinson, testified in U.S. vs Fox (1962)
- Gary May, professor of history at the University of Delaware and the author of Bending Towards Justice: The Voting Rights Act and the Transformation of American Democracy.