Climate change is here affecting weather conditions and sea levels. In India it's also having a more surprising influence on the country's tigers. On this edition of Making Contact, reporter Daniel Grossman takes us to India in Heat of the Moment: Sea Level Rise.
Heat of the Moment was originally produced for the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting and WBUR.
- Pranabes Sanyal, former park director for the Sunderbans Tiger Reserve
- Amit Mallick, Sundarbans resident and man attacked by tiger
- Tushar Kanjilal, secretary of the Tagore Society for Rural Development
- Mohammed Sheikh Gafur, Sundarbans resident and tea shop owner
- Sugata Hazra, an oceanographer at Calcutta’s Jadavapur University
- Ainun Nishat representative to the International Union for Conservation of Nature
- Shafiqul Islam, director of a small college and founder of the Pani Committee
- Sheikh Nural Ala, chief engineer for this region of the Water Development Board
- Atiq Rahman, director of the Bangladesh Center for Advanced Studies
- Daniel Grossman, journalist