More than 60 countries either ban or require labeling on GMO foods; the US is not one of them. As GMO regulation moves to a local level, frustrated consumers and farmers are pushing for state or county regulations, but the seed and pesticide companies are fighting back.
Today, we bring you a special episode investigating corporate control of our democracy and our dinner plates. This program is part of What the Fork, a collaboration between Making Contact, Center for Media and Democracy/The Progressive Magazine and Food Democracy Now.
- Rebecca Wilce, Progressive and ALEC Exposed reporter
- Marcia Ishii-Eieman, Pesticide Action Network senior scientist
- Don Tipping, Seven Seeds Farm owner
- Chris Hardy, Rogue valley farmer
- Elise Higley, Our Family Farms Coalition leader
- Magdeleno Rose-Avila, Yes on 15-119 volunteer
- Barry Bushue, American Farm Bureau vice president
- Klayton Kubo, Kauai citizen
- Gary Hooser, Kauai County Council member
- Dr. Judy Shabert, Harvard Physician
- Chris Broussard, Whinney Hee, James Masey, concerned Kauai residents
- Dean Okimoro, Farm Bureau Association president
- David Louie, Hawaii Attorney General
- Harry Stalford & Willow Coberly, Stalford Seed Farms farmers