Nationally, American prisons release more than 650,000 people into society every year. That’s equivalent to the entire population of Memphis or Boston.
On this edition, producer Aaron Mendelson followed ex-prisoner Kevin Tindall on his journey out of prison.
Special thanks to Claire Schoen and the University of California Berkeley, School of Journalism.
- Gordon Brown, ex-prisoner
- Monta Kevin Tindall, ex-prisoner
- Jerry Elster, ex-prisoner
- Tom Gorham, Program Director Options Recovery Services
- Barry Krisberg, Director of Research and Policy and Lecturer in Residence at Chief Justice Earl Warren Institute on Law and Social Policy, UC Berkeley
- Debra Mendoza, former parole officer, consultant